Children's Religious Education
St. Raphael’s Parish Religious Education, is for all children in Kindergarten through 8th grades in our parish who do not attend Catholic School where daily religion classes are taught. They’re invited to learn about the richness of our Catholic faith and about the teachings of the Church, Scripture, & Christ. Parish Religious Education is also available to children who may have for some reason or circumstance not yet been baptized or perhaps not received the other sacraments of Eucharist, Reconciliation, and Confirmation. We are in need of volunteers to serve as Catechists or to assist Diane Justice, the Director of Faith Formation, with other tasks. Call Diane at 458-2500 or by email at email@example.com.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Atrium
If your child is 3-6 years old, we would love to welcome them into the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Atrium during the 10:30 a.m. Mass. The CGS Atrium is a beautiful, child-sized space dedicated to teaching children about God and His great love for them. It is found on the main level of the school, and drop-off and pick-up of the children takes place here. Children must be toilet trained without assistance and able to follow simple instructions. For more information, please contact Brandan Holbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 458-2500 ext. 1134.
Baptismal Preparation Team
Ministers prepare parents and godparents of children to be baptized (ages 0-6) to better understand their responsibility in raising children in the Catholic faith. Meetings are held several weeks prior to the scheduled baptism date. Training and materials are provided by the St. Raphael the Archangel Parish.
If you would like to have your child baptized, please contact Diane Justice at the Parish Office at 502-458-2500 or by email at email@example.com to RSVP to attend the desired class date.
Things to know before attending a class:
- Only one parent is required to attend the class. It is ideal to have both parents present but we understand that life can get hectic sometimes.
- Classes are at 7:00 pm in the church narthex.
- Classes will be 1 hour in duration.
- All materials are provided at no cost.
- We do not require that you are a parishioner at St. Raphael but if you are a registered parishioner at another Catholic Church, we need permission from the parish Pastor before the baptism can be celebrate here at St. Raphael.
- Although being a parishioner is not required, as the first teachers of the Catholic faith, Mass attendance and participation in the Sacraments of the Church are models of living out the Catholic faith that your child is being baptized into. Parish registration forms can be found on this website, in the church Narthex, or by calling the Parish Office at 502-458-2500
Scripture Study Group
This group is for adults who want to deepen their Catholic sense of spirituality through the study of God’s Word. New opportunities will be presented through the year to help foster an understanding of God’s message and God’s will as revealed through Sacred Scripture.
Women’s Scripture Study
Meets every Thursday at 7:00 pm in the Gabriel Room of the Sheeran Center (lower floor of the school gym). Schedule changes with holiday and new material to study.
If you would like more information or to join the study, contact Diane Justice at 502-458-2500, Ext. 1138 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men’s Scripture Study
Meets every Saturday morning at 7:00 am in the Michael Room of the Sheeran Center (lower floor of the school gym).
If you would like more information or to join the study, contact Chris Hyle at 502-712-4086 or by email at email@example.com .
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School offers a three evening long, fun-filled adventure as we explore the bible. Each day children are introduced to exciting bible stories and participate in activities that make the lessons come alive. Children ages Pre-K through 5th grade are invited to attend. Volunteers of all ages are needed to work in many areas: crafts, games, snacks, music, class leaders, and story telling. Many volunteers are needed to make this a success! Contact Diane Justice at 458-2500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .